God is everything to me…
He’s my PROVIDER,
* Trust the Lord and do good. Live in the land and feed on truth. Enjoy serving the Lord, and he will give you what you want. Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you. (Psalms 37:3-5 NCV)
* I myself am the Lord; I am the only Savior. I myself have spoken to you, saved you, and told you these things. It was not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses, and I am God,” says the Lord. “I have always been God. No one can save people from my power; when I do something, no one can change it.” (Isaiah 43:11-13 NCV)
* He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. (Psalms 147:3 NLT)
* “No one else should carry the title of ‘Father’; you have only one Father, and he’s in heaven. (Matthew 23:9 MSG)
& my LEADER,
* Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. (Psalms 25:5 NLT)
I need him daily & without him I would fall apart.
Since I’ve been walking this walk with Christ, I’ve realized there’s no way I can be in a relationship someone who doesn’t feel the same way. In relationships it’s important to have things in common with the person you’re committed to - for me, my boyfriend must be equally as committed to God & serving him & living a righteous life as I am.
When you don’t have someone who’s equally yoked w| you - where’s the support you need? Where’s the leadership and most importantly the accountability you need? It’s not there because they aren’t living a life of purity like you are.
* You are not the same as those who do not believe. So do not join yourselves to them. Good and bad do not belong together. Light and darkness cannot share together. How can Christ and Belial, the devil, have any agreement? What can a believer have together with a nonbeliever? (2 Corinthians 6:14, 15 NCV)
When you have found someone who’s equally yoked w| you - you have someone who’s willing to be accountable for their actions & yours - & make sure you both are living out Gods perfect will for your life. You’d have someone who leads you to God every time. You’d have someone who understands your walk & your struggles and they will & should support you through it all. You have someone to do life w| you.
* Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together. If one falls down, the other can help him up. But it is bad for the person who is alone and falls, because no one is there to help. (Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10 NCV)
So today I want to encourage you to save your love for someone who loves the things that are everything to YOU! ♥